Say No to Cold Calling on Business Energy
Unfortunately business electricity and gas customers in the UK are bombarded
with unsolicited cold calls on a daily basis.
This unscrupulous approach does not offer the business energy customer an
impartial view on the market and the price offered is more often 20-30%
above the current retail price for electricity or gas.
At Energy Advice Line we strongly advise customers to not accept this
offer and follow the below steps to ensure that they are not locked into an
- 1.Speak to a price comparison service that has a large panel of suppliers
- check that they are not just working for one specific supplier with a view to
making as much commission as possible.
- 2.Say No to Cold Calling - Do not accept an energy deal from someone who
calls you out of the blue. The price is usually 20%-30% above of the current retail price.
- 3.Verify who you are talking to - ring the company back and ask to speak to
your account manager to ensure they are being truthful about the company
- 4.Price transparency - go with a price comparison service who is prepared to
put the energy tariffs they offer on their website so you can be sure you are
making the right choice
- 5.Commission transparency - if you want to know how much commission the agency is earning from the switch
just ask them - a reputable
service will tell you. If they will not tell you, be suspicious
- 6.Pressure selling - a professional impartial and transparent service will
not exert any pressure on you to enter into a contract, and will give you the
information and time you need to ensure you are making the right choice.